Monday 11 May 2009

Freeness in London


One of the best things about this city is the number of free things that are available to do. Even better is the free education on offer. A number of museums, galleries, book stores and assorted venues frequently offer free (or cheap) talks. I recently went to one at the Wellcome Collection on Euston Road - an amazing venue where science collides with art. I wrote about it for Ctrl+Alt+Shift - you can read the article here.

The talk on disorders was linked to an exhibition of diary entries by the artist Bobby Baker. I only managed to get round half the exhibition before I had to scoot off for dinner, but I am determined to go back. I loved her candour, honesty and truthfulness (sorry - have just recently be reading a piece about Americans' love of linking three similar adjectives together to try to sound intelligent) and her style is reminiscent of Quentin Blake (who used to illustrate for Roald Dahl).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip on multiple adjectives!

    j

    ReplyDelete